The General Manager will be responsible for overseeing the management and development of our employees throughout the employee lifecycle. The position will also play a key role as an Ambassador for organizational culture and values, establishing a shared understanding, belief, and commitment to the organization's, vision, and goals among all employees. It involves creating a positive and inclusive work culture where team members are motivated and aligned with the company's mission by fostering cultural buy-in by leading by example, communicating effectively, and empowering employees to contribute to the organization's success. This individual will also play a critical role in developing and marketing our products to ensure we are meeting the needs of our customers.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and customer service skills
- Time management
- Strong & empathetic leadership skills
- Ability to handle challenging situations and resolve conflicts.
- Ability to analyze data and make informed decisions
- Experience in retail management
- Strong understanding of marketing and product development
- Ability to manage and motivate teams
- Strategic planning and problem-solving skills
- Ability to act quickly and confidently under pressure
- Humility to ask for help/advice when needed
Duties & Responsibilities
- Hiring & Training
- Analyze current team, & scheduling needs and, if needed, begin the process of hiring
- Conduct the full interview process with potential candidates
- Determine and recommend candidates for hire
- Work together with your respective trainers to ensure appropriate training of new employees
Conduct regular performance reviews and provide ongoing training and support for employees
- Cultural Strategies
- Develop and implement cultural strategies that align with the organization's mission, vision, and values.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to ensure that cultural strategies are integrated into all aspects of the organization's operations.
- Develop and maintain relationships with key stakeholders, including community leaders, cultural institutions, and organizations, to ensure that cultural strategies are responsive to the needs of diverse audiences.
- Ensuring that the organization's cultural strategies are inclusive, equitable, and reflective of diverse perspectives and experiences.
Ensure positive culture and environment for team and guests
- Social Media & Community Outreach
- Work directly with the Marketing director to meet social media directives and needs for your shop.
- Stay up to date on events within the community. Identify which ones the shop should participate in. Responsible for reaching out for approval on participation
- Quality Assurance
- Validates customer service quality results by studying, evaluating, and re-designing processes and establishing and communicating service metrics and monitoring and analyzing results.
- Implements production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards.
- Contributes customer service information and recommendations to strategic plans and reviews.
- Product Management
- Update inventory items
- Count and document inventory monthly. This takes place after close on last day of month or before open on first day with no exceptions.
- Update order sheets and pars as necessary for Shop’s inventory
- Place all orders at appropriate times:
- Put in a Purchase Order request for any item outside of typical operating costs
- Develop and implement strategies to increase sales and improve customer experience in retail shops.
- Monitor sales data to identify trends and opportunities for improvement.
- Work to achieve sales goals and KPIS given by corporate management.
- Responsible for having the labor for opening and running daily operations effectively and efficiently.
- Ensure team mix is accomplishing quality and customer service standards by taking into account: experience, skillset, training needs, and interpersonal dynamics.
- Resolve time off requests in a timely manner, communicating with team members if any issues arise.
- Aim to achieve ~23-24% labor cost
- Timesheet Corrections & Tip Documentation
- Ensure payroll is submitted accurately and on time.
- Financial Administration
- Count and prepare daily deposits, investigating any discrepancies
- Ensure appropriate amount of petty cash is kept on hand
- Complete bank deposits semi- weekly (Monday & Friday)
Note: This job description is intended to provide a general overview of the responsibilities and qualifications for the Retail General Manager position. Specific duties and requirements may vary based on the unique needs of the shop.
Qualifications and Expectations:
- Minimum of 1 year experience as a Coffee Shop/Restaurant General Manager
- Previous experience as a Bar Manager is preferred.
- Previous experience in a similar role is preferred.
- Maintaining ServSafe Certification is required.
- Depending on location, a TABC license may be required.
- Hospitality driven mindset with a passion for restaurants, bars, coffee and tea, etc.
- Proficient in P&L management.
- Excellent time management and prioritization skills.
- Strong learning agility, an ability to navigate ambiguity, willingness to speak up and ask for help when needed.
- Excellent communication skills, including active listening and the ability to ask great questions.
- Operating with a sense of urgency and purpose; meeting aggressive deadlines.
If you believe you would be a great fit for this job, click here to apply!